Monday, December 12, 2011

Changing the server password using dreamweaver ?

I have a friend who hired someone to build a website and the designer made a total mess. So my friend wants me to have a shot a re-designing the website. He gave me the FTP id and the password. I want to change the password. How do i do it with dreamweaver 8. Do i have to contact the previous designer. My friend has no idea about which hosting company is currently hosting the site. He just met this guy and paid him the money and ended up getting cheated. The website is currently online and is an embarrasment. Do i have to contact the previous designer? I'm totally lost. Please help...Is there any reference or URL that i can browse to get an idea of how to change the password on dreamweaver 8. Thanks for reading my questions and thank you in advance for your replies..Changing the server password using dreamweaver ?
Go to Better WhoIs or any other domain lookup and enter the domain name for this site. Update your question and I'll look it up if you want.



http://www.betterwhois.com



By looking at the nameservers you should be able to tell what company is hosting the site. To change the FTP password you'll probably have to sign into a control panel or vdeck of some sort. The username and password for that may or may not be the same as FTP.



Good luck - just not something you can do via Dreamweaver.



Joyce

http://www.DesignByJoyce.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment