Monday, December 12, 2011

ICS can not be started due to IP conflict?

Here is very simple thing which i think ';Windows'; is not allowed (For common Sense it should be allowed)

The description is as under:

I have a laptop (WINDOWS XP SP2) with LAN connection with my server (having IP 192.168.0.1) AND i also have wifi hardware working properly (I am able to allow File %26amp; Printer Sharing)

I have second laptop (WINDOWS XP) with wifi hardware (File sharing working properly).

I have configured both PC for P2P wifi connection. First laptop is host and second is client.



Now i want second computer to use internet through wifi from First computer. When I go to First computer (ICS Host) and try to activate internet sharing for ';Wireless Connection'; There is error message ';ICS cannot be enabled due to IP conflict. Host must have IP address of 192.168.0.1';. Now my server has IP address of 192.168.0.1. How can i allow my first computer to use that IP address (That is ridiculous!)

And i am on office network (I cann't change server IP)ICS can not be started due to IP conflict?
This is why ICS is designated for home use. It was never meant to take the place of a dedicated router.

No comments:

Post a Comment