Monday, December 12, 2011

Hosting issues and domain transfer?

I have a domain name and a hosting plan valid for 10 more months with powweb. The problem is that my website isn't visible in China due to it's Firewall.So if i transfer my domain to another host provider does my website change servers and maybe the china issues can be solved? Does domain transfer cost anything and how will it work-i mean i will have a hosting plan with powweb and a domain with someone else? so confused!!!Hosting issues and domain transfer?
I live in China and I had similar problems once.

Then I transferred to: http://www.hostmonsterplus.com

Where I've now been happily hosted for 2 years without any problems in China.



http://www.hostmonsterplus.com

They have unlimited space and transfer.

They give you a free domain for life.

They have php and mysql if you ever use those.

You can also add as many domains (.com, .net, ...) as you like so you can have many different sites for 1 hosting price.

They also give you free $50 Google Credits for advertising your site.



If you go with them and have any trouble making your site feel free to PM me, I have a lot of experience there.



Whatever you choose, the best luck to you.Hosting issues and domain transfer?
The China issue is a difficult one, because it is not really under the control of the webhost. Domain transfer will probably not cost you money, but without a guarantee that your site will be reachable in China currently, you could end up in the same position.



You should not have your domain registry with the same company that you host with. That can lead you to all kinds of problems. 鈭犅?

No comments:

Post a Comment