Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I change my outgoing mail settings to Server Port Number 587? This is being required of me by Verizon.?

According to Verizon, I must change over from using Server Port 25 to Server Port 587, and this must be done by June 1 2010--but how do I accomplish this?How do I change my outgoing mail settings to Server Port Number 587? This is being required of me by Verizon.?
You need to go into the settings in your email client program and find Outgoing mail server (SMTP) settings. Just change the port number from 25 to 587.



Unfortunately I doubt it will be so simple because I recognise 25 as the port for Yahoo's FREE service, and 587 relates to the PAID Yahoo Mail Plus accounts ($19.99 annually). You may need to upgrade first for this to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment