Sunday, November 21, 2010

Installing PHP on Windows SP2 and enabling in Apache?

I have a desktop running Windows SP2 Home and Apache Server v2.2.3.



I would like to use PHP pages on this server but anything written in PHP, when accessed, just returns the raw code.



I believe I need to install PHP on the host for it to work, and then enable it in Apache.



I am not looking to change server program, I would simply like to install PHP and get it to work in Apache.



Anyone know how step by step, or have a link to a tutorial?



BoblyInstalling PHP on Windows SP2 and enabling in Apache?
for an all in one quick apache/php/mysql installation check this out:

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/index.ht



the error you receive is because you need to configure apache to understand PHP using the apache config file, and a php.ini file, also there are DLL's you would need to copy over. currently apache thinks your php code is HTML.



Your most simple option is to use the link above.Installing PHP on Windows SP2 and enabling in Apache?
LOL - I install mine manually too. I made a text file with all the steps in as few words as possible to get Apache/PHP%26amp;MySQL working together. -- Because you'll likely have to do this over and over in the coming years.



Good Luck

Report Abuse


Downloads section of PHP.net. Download and install PHP after it installs even though you have selected auto configure apache it will say it can't so just follow the directions it gives.
  • hot myspace
  • how to gridview
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment