Friday, November 19, 2010

How can I easily change the smtp server for my outgoing mail, depending on my location (work or home)?

I use the same laptop at work and at home. In Outlook, I have 8 email accounts. Every time I come home, I have to manually change the outgoing (SMTP) mail server for every single one of them (because I use a different ISP at home and otherwise my mails won't be sent...). Is there an easy way to do this? With a macro or something. Thanks!How can I easily change the smtp server for my outgoing mail, depending on my location (work or home)?
Hi,



You can do the way you wish to. However, you need to configure your all the accounts in Outlook. If you have two accounts then configure both the accounts in Outlook and when you wish to check mails then click the small arrow present just beside the ';Send and Receive mails'; button in the tool bar, below the menu bar and choose the account in which you wish to send and receive email messages.How can I easily change the smtp server for my outgoing mail, depending on my location (work or home)?
I'd just go the easy route with a cheap SMTP service. Here's the one I recommend: http://cellobarn.smtp2go.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=answers

Report Abuse


well dear i would recommend you to access your outlook from ';www';... all u have to do is the following



In the address bar write... smtp. (your domain name).com/ exchange ....for example if your domain name is ';blockhead'; then following will be the format

smtp.blockhead.com/exchange



As you press the enter button, a menu will pop up asking your user name and password for the said domain... enter them and it will direct you to your outlook inbox...( The inbox will only show the new incoming emails... and if you want to send an email, make sure you copy your email id in cc or bcc option to keep the record).



You may repeat the procedure for other accounts aswell.

adios

No comments:

Post a Comment