Friday, November 19, 2010

How can I connect my PC with windows server 2003 to Internet ?

I have a network with some computer that is connect to internet. this LAN have a server and one modem. I want to change the server to an other computer. I install windows server 2003 on other computer but i can't connect with this new server to internet?

what should i do?How can I connect my PC with windows server 2003 to Internet ?
If you have an old computer laying around, you could install Linux and the Squid http proxy software. Then this computer would be your 'gateway' into the Internet. Good luck.



Even easier is to buy a NAT router and connect your PCs directly to it.How can I connect my PC with windows server 2003 to Internet ?
You will need to set up the computer that has the modem attached as a proxy server. Depending on the version of windows on it, you may be able to find an option to share your internet connection. Otherwise you will need to find some proxy server software. Depending on your budget, how many other machines need to connect and your own technical level, you may be able to uses free software. http://www.roseindia.net/opensource/free shows some free ones, or google ';open source windows proxy'; for more. If you want to pay, then you will need to look around depending on your budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment