Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do i change the Host file in XP do bypass my Admins's DNS changes on the server that blocks myspace?

I'm trying to bypass the DNS changes that my network admin made to the server so i can access myspace on my workstation. I heard that this can be done via the host file ....How do i change the Host file in XP do bypass my Admins's DNS changes on the server that blocks myspace?
I personally wouldn't do it. It's not your computer %26amp; chances are really good that myspace is blocked because you are being paid to do a job not surf myspace. + I can tell immediately when someone is doing alot of surfing, my servers bandwidth goes up %26amp; I can see all the stuff an individual is doing. We don't block sites, but the owner isn't very cool about excessive internet usage %26amp; want's to know who's abusing the privileges. Then he goes %26amp; has a chat with them.How do i change the Host file in XP do bypass my Admins's DNS changes on the server that blocks myspace?
The hosts file affects DNS on your work station. It won't override anything the admin did on the server.
go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and open your hosts file with notepad put a line as

ip_address web_site_url like

127.0.0.1 localhost in the hosts file. save it and close.

No comments:

Post a Comment